| The Dire
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Krobelus the Death Prophet is a ranged intelligence Hero who excels at pushing lanes. Like other casters, her abilities allow her to be less item dependent during the early game. As she learns Exorcism, Death Prophet can deal a huge amount of damage to towers and lone heroes alike, while healing at the end of the duration. Despite being a caster, Death Prophet has a relatively high Strength compared to other intelligence Heroes and she is mostly built as a tank. Her passive ability, Witchcraft, both grants her bonus movement speed and an increase her other abilities' effectiveness, making her a formidable ganker as well.
| Krobelus, the Death Prophet
| Play "What I've seen goes far beyond death."
|| Pusher / Nuker / Durable
|| Krobelus was a Death Prophet—which is one way of saying she told fortunes for the wealthiest of those who wished to look beyond the veil. But after years of inquiring on behalf of others, she began to seek clues on her own fate. When death refused to yield its secrets, she tried to buy them with her life. But the ultimate price proved insufficient. Death disgorged her again and again, always holding back its deepest mysteries. Her jealousy grew. Others could die for eternity—why not she? Why must she alone be cast back on the shores of life with such tiresome regularity? Why was she not worthy of the one thing all other living creatures took for granted? Still, she would not be discouraged. Each time she returned from the grave, she brought a bit of death back with her. Wraiths followed her like fragments of her shattered soul; her blood grew thin and ectoplasmic; the feasting creatures of twilight took her for their kin. She gave a little of her life with every demise, and it began to seem as if her end was in sight. With her dedication to death redoubled, and no client other than herself, Krobelus threw herself ever more fervently into death's abyss, intent on fulfilling the one prophecy that eluded her: That someday the Death Prophet would return from death no more.
|| Ellen McLain (Responses)
- Can hit units up to 1110 range away.
- Targets can still use items while silenced.
| Increases the potency of Death Prophet's spells, while providing a passive movement speed boost. Reduces mana costs and cooldowns of Crypt Swarm and Silence, and adds additional spirits to Exorcism.
| Bonus Movement Speed: 4%/8%/12%/16%|
Mana Cost Decrease on Crypt Swarm and Silence: 10/15/20/25
Cooldown Decrease on Crypt Swarm and Silence: 1/2/3/4
Bonus Exorcism Spirits: 3/4/5/6
| Illusions get the bonus movement speed.
|With each death, Krobelus adds necromantic power to her repertoire.
- Radius specifies the area around Death Prophet where spirits will choose new targets.
- If a spirit gets 2000 range or more from Death Prophet, it will be destroyed.
- The spirits will focus on the last hostile unit that was targeted.
 Recommended items
Starting: Multiple Clarity Potions will better enable you to harass with Crypt Swarm, and the Mantle and Branches will give you some extra stats.
Early game:Stick and Talisman provide more mana and stats, and boots combined with Witchcraft makes you highly mobile.
Core: Phase Boots will render you extremely fast; and Bloodstone will provide you with mana and durability to stay alive in encounters. Similar to Necrolyte, Krobelus should strive above all else to remain alive in encounters for as long as possible, as like Necro her damage is gradual.
Situational: These items should be chosen based on the composition of both teams, but any item that improves Krobelus' durability is useful.
Unmentioned item: Medallion of Courage is an excellent item for Death Prophet. Every stat of this item is useful for her: The mana regeneration to cast her spells a little bit more, the armor gain for her own durability and the active ability to enhance her ultimate's damage. Shadow Blade can also be very effective on Krobelus, since you can turn invisible after using Exorcism. But a Sentry Ward, Dust, or Gem can counter it easily, so be stealthy as possible. Ghost Scepter is also a viable item choice as it establishes a greater rate of survival especially if the opposing teams possesses strong physical damage.
- At some point, she, along with Wisp and Silencer, had her costume and ability color palettes changed. Before, Death Prophet's garments and skill icons were more purple in color.
 Update history
February 14, 2013 Patch
January 31, 2013 Patch
December 06, 2012 Patch
September 13, 2012 Patch
July 05, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added teleport (start & end) animations for Death Prophet, Doom Bringer and Dragon knight.
June 20, 2012 Patch
- Added a buff to indicate the duration of Death Prophet's Exorcism.
May 17, 2012 Patch
- Gave Death Prophet's spirits a unique attack effect when hitting buildings.
April 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added injured attack animations.
- [Undocumented] Added injured idle animations.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Exorcism hitting an invisible hero if the hero was hit before.
- Fixed Silence not affecting basic units.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed unit targeting behavior being bugged for the following abilities: Carrion Swarm, Dragon Slave, Breathe Fire.
- [Undocumented] Exorcism spirits movement speed from 400 to 500.
- [Undocumented] Exorcism spirits damage from 35-40 to 43-48.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Death Prophet.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Death Prophet.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Death Prophet will comment on her ghosts returning when they begin turning back instead of when they're done returning.
December 16, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Lifestealer and Death Prophet in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Crypt Swarm not allowing unit targets.
December 08, 2011 Patch
- Added Death Prophet!
June 02, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Death Prophet's Exorcism spirits not clamping to the ground.
March 03, 2011 Patch
- Added more info to tooltips of Drow's Silence, Death Prophet's Silence, and Kunkka's Ghostship.
 Balance changelog
- Exorcism base ghost count increased from 4/10/18 to 4/12/21.
- Witchcraft movement speed increased from 3/6/9/12% to 4/8/12/16%.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Witchcraft bonuses rescaled to be more straightforward:
- Increases movement speed by 3/6/9/12%.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm's mana cost by 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 and cooldown by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds.
- Decreases Silence's mana cost by 0 / 10 / 20 / 30 and cooldown by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds.
- Increases the number of level 1 Exorcism spirits by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
- Increases the number of level 2 Exorcism spirits by 1 / 3 / 4 / 6.
- Increases the number of level 3 Exorcism spirits by 0 / 2 / 4 / 7.
- Increases movement speed by 3/6/9/12%.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm and Silence cooldown by 1/2/3/4 seconds.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm and Silence manacost by 10/15/20/25.
- Creates 3/4/5/6 extra spirits.
- Increased base damage by 5.
- Removed healing cap (was 1000) on Exorcism.
- Strength gain from 1.8 to 2.2.
 See also
Death Prophet responses