Lucifer the Doom is a melee strength Hero with strong farming capabilities and a flexible skill and item build. He has low starting Armor, but his abilities and high health allow him to lane or even jungle quite effectively. A ruthless demon, he possesses malicious abilities revolving around greed, fire, and death. His Devour ability allows him to consume creeps, providing additional gold and allowing him to absorb any powers that creep had, which potentially allows him to have up to six total hero skills. His other main abilities Scorched Earth and LVL? Death, provide him mobility/sustenance and spammable nuke, respectively. Finally, his namesake ult Doom serves as one of the strongest single target lockdown abilities in the game. A unit afflicted with Doom takes intense damage over a lengthy duration, while having all his active abilities - even those from items - completely silenced. With the ability to farm a lot of expensive items very quickly and the ability to render an enemy hero completely useless during a teamfight, Doom can quickly become a walking nightmare on the battlefield.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Please refer to the style guide.
- Doom has very poor Agility gain and one of the lowest starting armor in the game so it is essential to tank him up with armor items such as Assault Cuirass and Shiva's Guard to make his high HP go farther against physical attacks.
- Be aware of heroes that commonly build Linken's Sphere as casting Doom on them will result in it being completely wasted. Cast LVL? Death on them first to burn the Linken's Sphere cooldown before casting Doom.
- Cast Doom early in teamfights - the huge 15 second duration can render spell-dependent nukers such as Zeus or Lina virtually useless. Alternatively, if you can catch a hero carrying key support items like Mekansm and Pipe of Insight you can prevent those items from being used during the subsequent fight.
- Make use of Devour's ability steal to give yourself and your team useful neutral creep auras like regeneration, swiftness or bonus damage. One of the best lategame option is a wolf pack leader with passive critical hit chance (20 % for 2x damage) and 30% bonus damage aura. A Satyr Trickster gives you a purge spell on a very low (5 seconds) cooldown, it is a very versatile skill and it's another strong choice. A Kobold Taskmaster's movement speed aura can also be useful for ganking, chasing and fleeing.
- Several of Doom's abilities are inspired by Final Fantasy's Blue Mages. LVL? Death was probably based off of the Level 5 Death skill. Devour is highly similar to Quina Quen's eat and cook abilities from Final Fantasy IX. His ultimate, Doom, also shares the same name of another Blue Mage ability, but the mechanics differ.
- His name, Lucifer, is the name of a fallen angel who is known as the Devil in the Bible.
- Despite his ultimate being a regular pentacle, a pentagram or pentacle is actually a symbol of protection, and does not mean evil or anything of the like, despite its current connotations. Paganism has no devil or Satan-esque figure. The picture/ability, to hold any sort of "evil", should be inverted, and due to the fact it changes direction when used on an enemy, should probably hold the face of Baphomet, too.
 Update history
- Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
- Fixed Doom damage being blocked by Pipe.
- Fixed Doom's interaction with Monkey King Bar and Truestrike.
- Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.
- [Undocumented]Renamed Doom Bringer to Doom.
- Fixed Doom Bringer's missing tail.
- [Undocumented] Added teleport (start & end) animations for Death Prophet, Doom Bringer and Dragon knight.
- [Undocumented] Added spawn animations for Doom Bringer and Dragon Knight.
- [Undocumented] Added injured attack and injured idle animations for Doom Bringer.
- Fixed sometimes not gaining passive bonuses when devouring a neutral.
- Fixed Sphere working under Doom (Sphere will still block Doom).
- Added additional dialog for Earthshaker, Pudge, Storm Spirit, Shadow Fiend, and Doombringer.
- The tooltip for Doom now correctly updates when Doombringer has a Scepter.
- Fixed Devour not working when eating a converted neutral creep.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Doom Bringer.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Doom Bringer.
- Fixed evasion not being disabled properly under Doom/Chronosphere.
- Fixed Diffusal Blade's manabreak working through Doom.
- Fixed LVL? to do bonus damage first.
- He now plays his cast animations when casting abillities from units he's devoured.
- Fixed not being able to devour lane creeps.
- Devour can now devour lane creeps.
- Scorched Earth now has no cast point.
- Doom cannot be cast on Ancients/Roshan.
- Cannot Devour another unit while devouring (mouth full, etc).
- Scorched Earth now ticks once every second for its duration.
- Scorched Earth cannot be purged.
- Scorched Earth now increases health regeneration instead of healing for X every second.
- Scorched Earth now fades immediatly when the duration expires instead of lasting for .5 longer (because it used to be an aura).
- LVL?Death now applies its damage in two events: First the regular damage and then the bonus damage.
- LVL?Death now ministuns for 0.01 instead of 0.1.
- Doom cannot be purged.
- Doom now does 13 damage ticks, starting with one at the start of the cast the last one coming 1 second before it expires.
- Fixed Doom Bringer so that when he devours a creep with no abilities, it does not clear his previously-acquired creep abilities.
- New Hero: Doom Bringer
 Balance changelog
- Scorched Earth now also affects other units you control
- Doom now has too much armor! (+1)
- Doom duration increased from 13 to 15 (and scepter from 14 to 16).
- Creep level restriction removed.
- Cooldown from 60/55/50/45 to 70/60/50/40.
- Gold from 40/60/80/100 to 25/50/75/100.
- Manacost from 60 to 60/50/40/30.
- LVL? Death
- Bonus damage now deals 20% of Max HP instead of a fixed amount (275).
- Damage increased from 100/150/200/250 to 125/175/225/275.
- Scorched Earth damage/heal increased from 12/16/20/24 to 12/18/24/30.
- LVL? Death bonus damage increased from 250 to 275.
- Scorched Earth duration increased from 8/10/12/14 to 10/12/14/16.
- Scorched Earth damage and health regeneration reduced from 15/20/25/30 to 12/16/20/24.
- Base armor reduced by 2.
- Doom cast range reduced from 650 to 550.
- LVL? Death mana cost rescaled from 85/105/125/145 to 110.
- Scorched Earth
- Mana cost increased from 60 to 60/65/70/75.
- Movement speed bonus reduced from 20% to 16%.
- Starting intelligence reduced from 16 to 13.
- Max creep level from 1/2/4/6 to 2/4/5/6.
- Bonus gold from 10/20/30/40 to 40/60/80/100.
- Cooldown from 30/25/20/15 to 60/55/50/45.
- Mana cost from 50/45/40/35 to 60.
- Now gains the abilities of the target neutral creep has until you devour another creep with abilities to replace it.
- Scorched Earth reworked.
- Old Scorched Earth:
- Large aoe castable.
- MS Bonus: 10/15/20/30%
- AS Bonus: 10/15/20/30%
- Deals: 1/2/3/4 dps
- Heals: 1/2/3/4 dps
- Duration: 20
- CD: 10
- Manacost: 60
- Cast Range: 800
- AOE: 700
- New Scorched Earth:
- Temporary effect around you. Earth is scorched wherever you are walking.
- MS Bonus: 20%
- Damage: 15/20/25/30
- Heals: 15/20/25/30
- Duration: 8/10/12/14
- Cooldown: 60/50/40/30
- Manacost: 60
- AOE: 600
- Duration from 12/14/16 to 14 (scepter from 14/16/18 to 14).
- Damage per second from 40/60/80 to 30/50/70 (scepter from 50/70/90 to 50/80/110).
- Cooldown from 160/130/100 to 110 (scepter from 90/80/70 to 110).
 Replaced Abilities
 See also