| The Radiant
22 + 2.5
12 + 1.4
16 + 1.8
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Raigor Stonehoof the Earthshaker is a melee Strength Hero with several area of effect disables, commonly played as a ganker or initiator. Unlike most Strength heroes, he is played like an Intelligence hero and is reliant on his spells to inflict heavy damage. His Fissure is a versatile spell, used to stun, inflict decent damage, and create a bulging wall of earth that blocks movement for several seconds. Enchant Totem massively boosts his attack damage, inflicting the enhanced damage for one autoattack. Aftershock lets him deal additional damage and stun for a short duration every time Earthshaker uses his spells. Earthshaker's heavy AOE-centric kit is most powerful when his enemies are in large numbers. With his Echo Slam, he can deal heavy damage to clusters of enemies. All of Earthshaker's spells (with the exception of his ultimate) have high mana costs and long casting animations, but, with proper positioning, an adept Earthshaker can wreak havoc with his area-of-effect spells. Because of his aforementioned mana dependency, he also needs some items and levels to be at his peak. The Earthshaker is mighty and tremendous, and his seismic power causes the very earth to tremble and shatter, bringing enemies down to the ground with his great magnitude.
| Raigor Stonehoof, the Earthshaker
| Play "There may be many earths, but there's only one Earthshaker."
|| Initiator / Disabler / Support / Lane Support
|| Like a golem or gargoyle, Earthshaker was one with the earth but now walks freely upon it. Unlike those other entities, he created himself through an act of will, and serves no other master. In restless slumbers, encased in a deep seam of stone, he became aware of the life drifting freely above him. He grew curious. During a season of tremors, the peaks of Nishai shook themselves loose of avalanches, shifting the course of rivers and turning shallow valleys into bottomless chasms. When the land finally ceased quaking, Earthshaker stepped from the settling dust, tossing aside massive boulders as if throwing off a light blanket. He had shaped himself in the image of a mortal beast, and named himself Raigor Stonehoof. He bleeds now, and breathes, and therefore he can die. But his spirit is still that of the earth; he carries its power in the magical totem that never leaves him. And on the day he returns to dust, the earth will greet him as a prodigal son.
|| John Patrick Lowrie (Responses)
- Only increases base damage and additional damage given by the primary attribute. Bonus damage is not increased.
- Bonus damage from this ability does not stack with the Double Damage rune.
| Causes the earth to shake underfoot, adding additional damage and stuns to nearby enemy units when Earthshaker casts his abilities.
| Radius: 300|
Stun Duration: 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5
|The earth trembles beneath the mighty footsteps of Raigor.
- Using items does not trigger Aftershock.
- Unlike Earthshaker's other spells, Echo Slam has an instant cast time.
- The initial damage will go through magic immunity, the additional damage will not.
- The initial damage is dealt in an radius of 500 around Earthshaker.
- Each unit within 550 radius of the initial blast will produce an echo wave, dealing damage to units around it (including itself).
- Creeps killed by Echo Slam's initial damage will still give off echo wave damage.
 Recommended items
- Fissure creates an impassable barrier, which can be effective for stopping enemies from escaping.
- It is important to keep in mind, however, that this barrier is also impassible to yourself and allies. Be careful of how you position yourself and the Fissure.
- Use Enchant Totem in conjunction with Aftershock to stop escaping enemies, even when Fissure is unavailable.
- Because of the echo damage, Echo Slam is best used in the middle of the enemy team, especially when they have a large amount of units near them.
- A Blink Dagger or Force Staff will help you get into the best position.
- Rely on the stun from Aftershock to disable them using Enchant Totem and your Echo slam.
- Build items that increase your mana or Intelligence, as well as increasing your Strength to be effective throughout the game.
 Update history
December 06, 2012 Patch
July 26, 2012 Patch
July 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Echo Slam inital damage not hitting units through magic immunity.
June 14, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated Earthshaker's texture.
May 17, 2012 Patch
April 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed cases where invulnerable units could get stuck inside Fissure.
January 12, 2012 Patch
August 07, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Legacy hotkeys on Sniper and Earthshaker.
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Echo Slam hit rules to completely ignore invisible units (including FOW).
July 01, 2011 Patch
- Units that are not visible will not take damage from Echo Slam projectiles.
June 02, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Echo Slam doing 1 less echo to the initial targets.
May 20, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Earthshaker's Ultimate Scepter implementation doing double damage to all units hit by it instead of spawning 2 echo waves per hero.
May 13, 2011 Patch
February 09, 2011 Patch
- Updated Earthshaker Model.
- Updated additional effect for Earthshaker's Echo Slam.
January 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed cases where creating a linear projectile directly on yourself would cause it to get stuck. This includes fixes to Fissure, Ghost Ship, Dragon Slave, Arrow, Impale, Waveform, Illusory Orb, Meat Hook, Burrowstrike, Wave of Terror, and Powershot.
January 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Earthshaker's Fissure not immediately pushing out mechanical units (sieges).
- Fixed cases where Earthshaker's Fissure would not properly place the hit unit in clear space.
January 18, 2011 Patch
- Characters with a 0.4 turn rate such as Skeleton King and Earthshaker now turn around faster.
 Balance changelog
- Stun duration rescaled from 0.3/0.7/1.2/1.5 to 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5.
- Damage increased from 25/45/75/115 to 50/75/100/125.
- Enchant Totem cooldown decreased from 6 to 5 seconds.
- Echo Slam initial damage reduced from 165/230/285 to 160/210/270.
- Aftershock AoE from 280 to 300.
- Enchant Totem damage increased from 50/100/150/200 to 75/150/225/300.
- Echo Slam
- No longer counts corpses for damage Echo damage. (They used to count them for partial damage)
- Echo damage increased from 35/45/65 to 40/55/70.
- Unit search aoe increased by 75. (this is not the damage aoe, just the initial unit search aoe)
- Added Aghanim's Scepter (echo bounces twice for each hero it hits)
- Echo Slam now deals half bonus damage from corpses instead of full.
 See Also