Jakiro the Twin Head Dragon is a ranged intelligence hero who utilises powers over ice and fire in powerful linear area spells. He can freeze enemies in place or slow them down, and deals heavy damage in the early game.
With high base intelligence, strength, and statistics gain and relatively low mana costs, he requires few items to be effective. Jakiro is a support who can continually turn battles in his favor with good positioning. His high strength gain makes him a bit tougher than most spellcasters and his low cooldowns ensure that his downtime is very miniscule, making him a great hero for ganks, pushes and clashes across the battlefield.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Please refer to the style guide.
Since Jakiro has such high natural Strength gain, he can avoid buying Bracers.
When you have money to spare, work on your Magic Wand, Arcane Boots, Ring of Basilius, and if possible, a Mekansm. If the game continues after this point, you have your choice of luxury item such as a Force Staff, Veil of Discord, Sheepstick, and so on. Eul's Scepter is not recommended since Jakiro's abilities depend on zones and DoTs.
- The huge range and lasting area effect of Icepath make it roughly analogous to Earthshaker's Fissure. It is an amazing spell for opening up opportunities to fight or to shut down aggression. It doesn't do much damage at early levels, however.
- Dual Breath is his damage spell, with the greatest damage gain of any of his skills. Depending on who Jakiro lanes with, this or Icepath is his highest priority skill to level when preparing for ganks.
- Liquid Fire is a spell with a relatively insignificant damage effect, but its effect is free additional damage and damage reduction, and can be opted for even in the early game. Otherwise, its an incredible damage reduction spell and can be kept up continually when fully leveled.
- Hits with Liquid Fire are very useful for tower pushing as it reduces their damage output and deals damage even if Jakiro is not there to take tower hits. Hit-and-runs with Liquid Fire can reduce tower health significantly.
- It is also suitable for pushing lane creeps in the same way, although players should not expect to push down waves in the same way as other, more powerful lane control spells.
- Combine Macropyre with spells that keep the enemy in place as long as possible, such as Chronosphere, Black Hole or Upheaval. It does not guaranttee damage without these effect and is a fairly low damage spell, so chaining it with other spells is necessary for any real effect.
- This also works to counter enemy spells and melee heroes that require they stay in an area; throw Macropyre from outside Chronosphere, for example, to dissuade Void from teammates.
 Update history
- Fixed some wave speed issues with Crypt Swarm, Dual Breath, Breathe Fire, Dragon Slave, Illuminate, Sonic Wave and Shockwave.
- [Undocumented] Fixed Jakiro's Ice Path being able to target heroes/units.
- Macropyre now does the correct amount of damage with a Scepter.
- Fixed Macropyre not hurting siege units.
- Altered processing on Jakiro voices (in 12/1/11 update).
- Fixed Liquid Fire working with Illusions.
- Fixed Liquid Fire not working correctly against siege units.
- Added more movement lines for Dazzle, Dark Seer, Dragon Knight, Furion, Huskar, Riki, Skeleton King, Slardar, Spectre, and Jakiro.
- Updated Jariko's voice-overs.
- Fixed Liquid Fire not working on Siege units.
- Fixed Dual Breath fire interval being a little too slow.
- Enabled Huskar, Batrider and Jakiro for Captain's Mode
- Fixed Dual Breath not being targetable on units directly.
- Added Batrider, Huskar, and Jakiro!
 Balance changelog
- Ice Path damage from 100 to 25/50/75/100
- Liquid Fire AoE increased from 175 to 300.
- Ice Path
- Anyone that touches the path gets frozen until the path disappears.
- Now deals 100 damage.
- Stun duration increased from 1/1.33/1.66/2 to 1/1.4/1.8/2.2.
- Has 0.4 seconds creation delay.
- Ice Path cooldown decreased from 16/15/14/13 to 12/11/10/9.
- Macropyre duration increased from 5 to 7 seconds.
- Macropyre damage interval is now smoother (same overall damage, more intervals).
- Macropyre AoE increased from 200 to 225.
- Macropyre damage increased from 75/125/175 to 100/140/180.
- Base damage increased from 42-54 to 46-54.
- Aghanim's Macropyre travel distance increased.
- Macropyre travel range from 600/750/900 to 900.
- Base armor increased by 2.
- Ice Path stun increased from 0.8/1.2/1.6/2.0 to 1.00/1.33/1.66/2.0.
- Ice Path cooldown decreased from 16 to 16/15/14/13.
- Macropyre spawn speed improved.
- Auto Fire replaced with a new ability Liquid Fire.
- Ice Path stun increased from 0.5/1/1.5/2 to 0.8/1.2/1.6/2 seconds.
- Added Twin Head Dragon to Aghanim's Scepter.
 Replaced Abilities
 See also