N'aix the Lifestealer is a vicious melee Strength hero whose abilities give him the power to bring down durable heroes quickly, while sustaining his health from absorbing the very life of his enemies.
The main role of the Lifestealer is to fulfill the job as a formidable carry, able to restore his life thanks to his skills. Feast is his passive ability and his signature, every attack he lands deals extra physical damage and consumes the flesh and blood of his victim, regenerating his health. With Feast, he can munch down tough and strong tanks. N'aix can send himself into a bloody Rage, increasing his attack speed and a short period of magic immunity. Open Wounds tears the enemy, causing the prey's wounds to open, bleeding their life essence, allowing him and his allies to feast down as well as greatly slowing them to a crawl. Rage and Open Wounds allows the Lifestealer to brutally rip his victim apart, feasting on their health in the process. When in need, N'aix can use Infest to hide himself inside of his allies or any non-hero units, laying dormant, until he is ready to come out, devouring the flesh from the inside, killing the non-hero unit, and bursting out the chunks of flesh and bones of his unfortunate host, damaging his foes around him, and ambushing them with carnivorous savagery. The Lifestealer is a monstrous beast of gluttony and greed, bent on stealing the lives of every living creature he encounters, violently killing them to sate the Lifestealer's terrifying thirst and hunger.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Please refer to the style guide.
- Lifestealer's fun/alternate name in DotA was Gollum, a significant character in the Lord of the Rings book series.
- The old version of Lifestealer was a Strength hero with an incredibly high Agility potential (+4.5), much more than almost all the Agility hero themselves. Despite being a Strength hero, he had poor overall Strength. His old skills were:
- Feast used to be an aura-based lifesteal which stacks with lifesteal attack modifiers. Unlike the Skeleton King's Vampiric Aura, Feast only applies to himself. The high life gain and high Agility makes N'aix a vicious warrior of great survivability, able to take down the old mighty Roshan.
- Poison Sting acts almost similar to Venomancer's Poison Sting, but the slow is more potent, and it's an attack modifier.
- Anabolic Frenzy was also a passive ability that gave some attack and movement speed.
- Rage used to be his ultimate, with a longer duration, but it increases attack damage instead of attack speed. Rage makes N'aix an already strong fighter more fearful and dangerous.
 Update history
- Fixed allied cast Infest killing the creeps and healing you.
- Beefed up Lifestealer's Open Wounds debuff effect.
- Fixed Ensnare not going away after using Infest.
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
- Fixed Rage being dispellable.
- Added healing overhead messages for Mekansm, Chen, Lifestealer, Necrolyte, and Witch Doctor.
- Added bonus damage overhead message for Lifestealer's Feast.
- Fixed turn rates for the following heroes: Lifestealer, Alchemist, Clockwerk, Bounty Hunter, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Ancient Apparition, Brewmaster, Chen, Silencer, Lone Druid, Spectre and Spiritbreaker.
- Fixed Feast working against wards.
- [Undocumented] Updated the hero selection portrait.
- Fixed being able to hide inside an enemy Spirit Bear/Golem with Infest (wasn't doing damage to it though).
- Fixed Infest not removing buffs before jumping in.
- Fixed Feast bonus damage type allowing it to critical strike.
- Fixed being unable to Infest Mud Golems.
- Lifestealer now has his own variation on the lifesteal effect rather than using the generic one.
- Updated Lifestealer's Open Wounds and Infest effects for clarity.
- Added idle injured animations.
- [Undocumented] Added injured-animation for Lifestealer.
- Made Lifestealer's Rage effect slightly more subtle.
- Fixed Rage not properly dispelling negative debuffs
- Fixed Open Wounds healing towers.
- Fixed Infest not working on Mud Golems.
- Enabled Lifestealer and Death Prophet in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed a bug where ground blood wasn't showing up for a bloody Infest emerge.
- Fixed Feast working on denies.
- Fixed Feast not working properly.
- [Undocumented] Added new icon for Lifestealer and all abilities.
 Balance changelog
- Open Wounds cast range decreased from 600 to 200/300/400/500.
- Rage duration increased from 2.5/3.25/4/4.75 to 3/4/5/6.
- Infest reworked:
- Old Infest:
- Naix infests a target, hiding in it.
- Regains health based on the HP the unit has when he gets out of it.
- Level 1 Targets: Allied and Neutral Units,
- Level 2/3 Targets: Enemy, Allied and Neutral Units,
- HP Healed: Current Target HP (for level 1/2), Max Target HP (for level 3).
- Cooldown: 100/60/30
- Casting Range: 150
- Manacost: 50
- Note: This kills the infested unit.
- New Infest:
- Naix infests a target, hiding in it. When he comes out of a unit, he deals damage to all nearby enemy units.
- Damage: 150/275/400
- AOE: 700
- Targets: Allied Heroes, Allied Creeps, Enemy Creeps (including neutrals).
- If the unit is an enemy creep, Naix will devour it first, gaining health equal to the unit's current HP.
- Cooldown: 100
- Casting Range: 150
- Manacost: 50
- Open Wounds team life steal increased from 10/15/20/25% to 15/20/25/30%.
- Base damage improved by 5.
- Casting Open Wounds no longer loses attack focus.
- Open Wounds cooldown from 30/25/20/15 to 24/20/16/12 .
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 315.
 See also