| The Radiant
17 + 1.85
20 + 2.75
17 + 1.65
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Mirana the Princess of the Moon, is a ranged Agility Hero that uses her abilities to surprise, chase, and assault enemies. She is an excellent huntress and widely known for her Sacred Arrow which stuns her victim with deadly precision. The arrow stuns longer when its fired from a farther distance. Mirana can bring down the stars with Starstorm to damage nearby enemies and an additional star to cast down on her one unfortunate target. Mounting with her trusted tiger Sagan, Mirana can Leap forward over a distance, to escape or chase, and enhancing her allies with a roar, increasing their attack and movement speed. Invoking the power of her moon goddess, Mirana uses her ultimate, Moonlight Shadow to cloak all allied heroes and herself with invisibility. At any time, Mirana and her allies can break out of their hiding with an ambush and fade into the shadows again during the duration of the spell. With an array of mighty and supportive skills, Mirana is a versatile heroine that can excel early in the game as a mobile ganker. She is not much heavily reliant on luxurious items but she can benefit from almost any item that gives her presence in the battlefield. Mirana charges onto battle, shooting arrows and stars to strike her unholy foes. She can escape at almost any situation, leaping away from danger or turning invisible. She is a valuable ally for her team and fights in the name of her dear goddess, Selemene.
| Mirana, the Princess of the Moon
| Play "How long must we ride before we're summoned again to the Nightsilver Woods?"
|| Carry / Nuker / Disabler / Escape
|| Born to a royal family, a blood princess next in line for the Solar Throne, Mirana willingly surrendered any claim to mundane land or titles when she dedicated herself completely to the service of Selemene, Goddess of the Moon. Known ever since as Princess of the Moon, Mirana prowls the sacred Nightsilver Woods searching for any who would dare poach the sacred luminous lotus from the silvery pools of the Goddess's preserve. Riding on her enormous feline familiar, she is poised, proud and fearless, attuned to the phases of the moon and the wheeling of the greater constellations. Her bow, tipped with sharp shards of lunar ore, draws on the moon's power to charge its arrows of light.
|| Gin Hammond (Responses)
- For every 150 distance the arrow travels, the stun duration upon impact increases by 0.5 seconds. For example, an arrow that travels for 300 range stuns for 1 second, and an arrow that travels at least 1500 range stuns for 5 seconds (which is the maximum stun duration).
- The stun duration is determined by the distance between where Mirana fired the arrow and where the arrow hits its target.
- The arrow moves at a rate of 857.14 units per second.
- Units affected will not auto attack enemies.
 Recommended items
- Moonlight Shadow is useful both as an escape ability for yourself and/or the team, and as a way to set up a gank.
- As a strong semi-carry, Mirana is quite special - she doesn't really need farm early-mid game, thus making her a threat at that stage as a ganker. She is able to farm up items quite quickly by using Starstorm to clear creep waves as well.
- The movement/attack speed bonus from Leap is quite significant, more than an activated Drum of Endurance. Position this correctly during teamfights to buff all your allies with it.
- Even a level 1 Sacred Arrow can give a large stun if far away enough. Hiding in the jungle at level 1 and hitting one at level 1 can secure an easy first blood if laning with a good partner.
- Mirana is the tiger of Multan fort that killed the king of Mongols (in the Mongol folklore).
- Her mount's name is Sagan. When defeating Invoker, her response is a pun of Carl Sagan.
- In the transition from DotA to Dota 2, the names of two of Mirana's skills were changed. Starstorm used to be called Starfall and Elune's Arrow is now called Sacred Arrow. Additionally, Mirana is now a Princess of the Moon, as opposed to a Priestess.
- She is affiliated with Luna, as Luna also serves under Selemene.
- Her DotA hero title was "Priestess of the Moon"; it had to be changed for legal reasons, because the title also exists in the Warcraft universe.
 Update history
April 19, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's Sacred Arrow from doing maximum stun duration.
March 28, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's Leap range being slightly too short.
March 21, 2013 Patch
- Fixed cast and attack behaviors during Leap.
February 14, 2013 Patch
- Fixed some backswing behaviors with her spells.
January 17, 2013 Patch
January 03, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Broken down hero model into multiple parts for Mirana.
October 25, 2012 Patch
August 09, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added new dialogue for Mirana.
June 20, 2012 Patch
- Reduced size of Arrow 20%.
June 14, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Leap buff being dispelled by BKB/Repel.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow not affecting allied units sometimes (Disrupted, Phase Shifted, etc).
- Fixed Pudge's Meat Hook and Mirana's Arrow not hitting Spirit Bear.
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Arrow getting blocked by Linken's Sphere.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Leap being canceled if Mirana got purged during it.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Arrow damaging but not stunning invisible units.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed vision around Arrow when it impacts.
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed vision on Arrow (traveling and endpoint).
August 09, 2011 Patch
- Removed in flight mirana arrow sound for now.
August 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed enemy team being able to hear Mirana's arrow launch sound effect.
August 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Mirana's arrow having bad attachment and sometimes looking wrong.
August 02, 2011 Patch
- Minor fix to Arrow speed.
- Removed pre-cast arrow particle effects.
July 29, 2011 Patch
- Fixed a recent bug that caused starfall to do half damage
July 16, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Starfall to not hit invisible units, and Arrow to not stun invisible units.
- Fixed the timing on Starfall
- Fixed Arrow not stopping correctly at magic immune units
- Midnight Shadow no longer works on illusions
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Returning Hero: Mirana [Rough Model]
May 05, 2011 Patch
- Added projectile dodging to teleports, invisibility, and Mirana's Leap.
March 03, 2011 Patch
- Added moonlight shadow cast effects to Mirana and her teammates.
- Fixed Mirana's Arrow and Pudge's Hook to not miss nearby targets.
February 12, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Moonlight Shadow global invis kicking in immediately instead of waiting for fadetime.
February 04, 2011 Patch
- Fixed tooltip for Mirana's Leap buff.
January 30, 2011 Patch
- Fixed cases where creating a linear projectile directly on yourself would cause it to get stuck. This includes fixes to Fissure, Ghost Ship, Dragon Slave, Arrow, Impale, Waveform, Illusory Orb, Meat Hook, Burrowstrike, Wave of Terror, and Power Shot.
 Balance changelog
- Sacred Arrow cooldown decreased from 25 to 20.
- Starstorm's second single unit impact damage increased from 50% to 75% of the original.
 See also
- ↑ http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199169
- ↑ http://www.wowpedia.org/Priestess_of_the_Moon