Slithice the Naga Siren is a melee Agility hero who is typically played as a carry with high hunting prowess. Slithice is an item dependent hero and with the right style and inventory choices she can overpower many other heroes that deal strong physical damage while casting her all four active skills to handle her enemies altogether and turn the tides. Mirror Image creates three illusions to wreak havoc upon her enemies. Ensnare is a very useful spell with several unique features. It not only holds an enemy in a place, but also prevents them from blinking and going invisible. Even if the enemy is magic immune, Ensnare can still target the enemy unit. Rip Tide calls the forces of the seas, allowing the Siren and her illusions to unleash a wave of magical water to wash away foes and degrade their armor. The Song of the Siren is the ultimate skill for team battles, the Naga Siren performs a mystical song to put her enemies to sleep in an area around her. Song of the Siren is her tool for initiation, as while her enemies are under her slumber her allies can come forth and prepare to unleash their attacks after the song wears off. Slithice is a mighty single target huntress and a great team fighter, using her powerful water magic, skills in combat, and her enchanting voice.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Recommended items explanations must not be opinionated or contain suggestions. Please refer to the style guide for more information.
Unmentioned items: A very strong combination on Naga Siren is Linken's Sphere and Boots of Travel. This makes Naga an incredibly strong pusher, and Linkens makes it nigh impossible to catch her off-guard while pushing, allowing for an easy Song of Siren escape
- Rip Tide's damage and armor reduction means that Naga Siren can hit hard even in the early game, and is more than viable to level first. Even when fully leveled, its instant damage is very low, however. Its most important attribute is ultimately armor reduction, which can multiply the physical damage that is dealt.
- Rip Tide will affect targets around Naga's Mirror Images and other illusions. Illusions can be used to engage for Naga, due to their expendable nature.
- It is important to keep Ensnare's unique properties in mind. Its major downside is that Ensnare only prevents movement, and does not stop enemies from fighting back with attacks and spells.
- Ensnare can be applied to targets with Magic Immunity, most notably holders of Black King Bar.
- Ensnare will interrupt channeling abilities such as Witch Doctor's Death Ward.
- Heroes with invisibility such as Bounty Hunter and Weaver should be prime targets of Ensnare, as they will be revealed for its duration.
- Ensnare will also prevent the usage of teleportation such as Anti-Mage's Blink.
- Ensnare can also be used to snare the Animal Courier, preventing it from moving allowing for an easy kill.
- Mirror Image's period of invulnerability is very short, but can allow Naga Siren to dodge many spells. Some easier examples (due to slow projectile speed) include Sven's Storm Hammer and Necrolyte's Death Pulse.
- Naga Siren can push with impunity; Rip Tide can affect entire creep waves, Mirror Image's illusions can deal tremendous damage to towers, and Song of the Siren makes it very difficult for the enemy team to gank her even if overextended.
- Song of the Siren is often used to make another initiator's job much easier, as it gives them time to position themselves while your targets are stunned.
- It is possible for you to rudely interrupt your teammates' momentum when using this skill for your own sake. Avoid using it as an extra team-fight disable when your teammates already have the upper hand disabling the enemy, as it wastes their skills by completely making their targets invulnerable. Opt for using Ensnare as a disable instead.
- When a crucial escape is necessary (i.e. when losing a team fight), use this skill to impede your pursuers. Any opposing target who approaches you will be stopped in their tracks, making for a smoother exit.
 Update history
- Fixed being able to purge Song of the Siren aura off of Naga Siren.
- Updated vision values on these abilities: Unstable Concoction, Phantasm, Waveform, Storm Hammer, Mirror Image, Spirit Lance, Requiem of Souls, Spectral Dagger, Venomous Gale, Earthbind, Dream Coil, Shackleshot, Wall of Replica, Flamebreak, Deafening Blast, Ghost Ship.
- Fixed Dust of Appearance not working against units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Fixed Ice Blast debuff not getting added to units slept by Song of the Siren.
- Fixed Weave not affecting units slept by Song of the Siren.
 Balance changelog
- Rip Tide cooldown rescaled from 19/16/13/10 to 10.
- Rip Tide cooldown rescaled from 10 to 19/16/13/10.
- Base damage decreased by 12.
- Cast animation time increased from 0.5 to 0.65.
- Changed Rip Tide cast mechanism:
- Rip Tide now casts in a 450 aoe around naga and all of her illusions. Enemies can be fully affected by the Illusion's aoe. The effect does not stack. No longer uses cast point.
- Ensnare cast range increased from 620/630/640/650 to 650.
- Song of the Siren AoE increased from 750 to 1250.
- Song of the Siren's End ability is now available 0.5 seconds after casting.
- Intelligence growth increased from 1.65 to 1.95.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Nearby Naga Siren illusions now play the Ensnare animation.
- Critical Strike replaced with Rip Tide:
- Rip Tide:
- Calls upon the power of the seas, creating an enchanted wave that deals damage and degrades enemy unit's armor for 8 seconds.
- Damage: 130/160/190/220
- Armor Reduction: 2/3/4/5
- Duration: 8
- AoE: 350
- Distance: 600
- Cooldown: 12
- Manacost: 80/90/100/110
- Song of the Siren reworked:
- Old Song of the Siren:
- Sleeps all enemy units in range. Slept units are invulnerable until the end of the spell.
- Duration: 6/7/8
- AoE: 1000/1500/2000
- Cooldown: 120
- Manacost: 200
- New Song of the Siren:
- Releases a melody around you the puts enemy units to sleep while they are in your range. Units wake up if you leave the area or the duration of the melody runs out. Slithice can choose to end the melody at any point.
- AoE: 750 (units have to be continuously under the song to be slept)
- Duration: 6
- Cooldown: 180/120/60
- Manacost: 100
- Note: Ends when duration ends, units go out of range or Naga Siren dies. Affects buildings.
- Base damage increased by 5.
 Replaced Abilities
 See also