| The Radiant
20 + 2.65
15 + 1.75
17 + 1.8
| Hit Points
| Attacks / Second
|Base Attack Time
Purist Thunderwrath the Omniknight is a versatile melee strength hero who can take on the role of a support or, occasionally, a semi-carry, depending on the player's play style. A holy and courageous Hero, Omniknight possesses abilities that excel at protecting and aiding friendly heroes. His heal doubles as a nuke and he can grant any friend Magic Immunity, as well as blessing allies with a physical invulnerability and regeneration. Few can escape the mighty and heavenly power of the Omniknight and he is a powerful ally in team fights. He is a mighty tank, and one of the most difficult heroes to kill.
| Purist Thunderwrath, the Omniknight
| Play "You know nothing unless the Omniscience knows you."
|| Durable / Lane Support / Support
|| Purist Thunderwrath was a hard-fighting, road-worn, deeply committed knight, sworn to the order in which he had grown up as squire to elder knights of great reputation. He had spent his entire life in the service of the Omniscience, the All Seeing One. Theirs was a holy struggle, and so embedded was he in his duty that he never questioned it so long as he had the strength to fight and the impetuous valor that comes with youth. But over the long years of the crusade, as his elders passed away and were buried in sorry graves at the side of muddy tracks, as his bond-brothers fell in battle to uncouth creatures that refused to bow to the Omniscience, as his own squires were chewed away by ambush and plague and bad water, he began to question the meaning of his vows--the meaning of the whole crusade. After deep meditation, he parted ways with his army and commenced a long trek back to the cave-riddled cliffs of Emauracus, and there he set a challenge to the priests of the Omniscience. No knight had ever questioned them before, and they tried to throw him into the pit of sacrifice, but Purist would not be moved. For as he faced them down, he began to glow with a holy light, and they saw that the Omniscience had chosen to reveal Itself to him. The Elder Hierophant led him on a journey of weeks down into the deepest chamber, the holy of holies, where waited not some abstract concept of wisdom and insight, not some carved relic requiring an injection of imagination to believe in, but the old one itself. It had not merely dwelt in those rocks for billions of aeons; no, It had created them. The Omniscience had formed the immense mineral shell of the planet around itself, as a defense against the numerous terrors of space. Thus the All Seeing One claimed to have created the world, and given the other truths revealed to Purist on that day, the knight had no reason to refute the story. Perhaps the Omniscience is a liar, deep in its prison of stone, and not the world's creator at all, but Omniknight never again questioned his faith. His campaign had meaning at last. And there can be no question that the glorious powers that imbue him, and give his companions such strength in battle, are real beyond any doubt.
|| Bruce Miles (Responses)
- Repelled allies cannot be targeted.
- Repel removes all purgeable buffs and debuffs from the target when cast.
- Magic Immunity doesn't prevent effects of most ultimates, except magical damage.
- Exceptionally small area of effect for an aura.
 Recommended items
- Ring of Basilius will provide an aura mana regeneration and armor boost, aiding both him and his lane partner.
- Soul Ring, aside for the additional health and mana regeneration, gives him instant mana to cast his abilities. Level 2 Purification negates the health loss.
- Arcane Boots provides Purist even more mana for his mana-heavy abilities. The area-of-effect mana is also helpful to allies around him.
- Magic Wand gives him an attribute bonus as well as another regeneration source.
- Observer Wards help him support the team by providing additional vision in the map.
- A Town Portal Scroll can help him move around the map, especially when he is needed to defend the base.
- Mekansm provides him a second source of healing, one that affects his allies around him. The instant heal also benefits his already durable nature.
- Scythe of Vyse gives him additional mana regeneration and a crippling disable, making the affected target easier for your teammates to kill.
- Shiva's Guard provides him additional armor for durability and intelligence for increasing his mana pool. The item ability's cripple stacks with his Degen Aura.
- Boots of Travel, aside from the boost in movement speed, gives him even greater mobility around the map; he can either return to the base, or reach the front lines sooner.
- Vladmir's Offering provides him lifesteal in his attacks, adding to his durability. As well, the aura lifesteal can either help him defend against enemy creeps (as it provides friendly melee creeps lifesteal), or give melee-reliant heroes around him some health sustain in their auto-attacks.
- Drum of Endurance, aside for the additional attribute bonus, further speeds his and his allies' movement and attack speed. The charges can be used in conjunction with Degen Aura to further gain move speed advantage against the opposing team.
- Sange and Yasha provides more strength, attack speed, and movement speed. The movement speed increase and maim can further augment Purist's movement speed advantage against his enemies.
- Heart of Tarrasque improves his durability even further, by granting him even more health and regeneration. The bonus strength also aids his attack damage.
- Refresher Orb enables him to cast his ultimate in a much shorter period of time. As well, it provides him more health and mana regeneration.
- Radiance gives him more attack damage, as well as damage enemies around him for as long as he is alive.
- Omniknight usually purchases a Mekansm and Arcane Boots to continually have heals during team fights and lane pushes.
- Other slows are able to stack on top of your Degen Aura so it is fairly common to purchase a Shiva's Guard to be able to slow your opponents down even more than what you normally could.
- If you are attempting to save an ally from death, use Purification before using Repel on them, because Repel will prevent you from using Purification on them.
- You can use Purification to deal a lot of damage early on, or even causing first blood, especially at level 3 and 5.
- Consider using Repel on enemies when for example the carry is under the effects of Ogre Magi's Bloodlust.
- Repel can completely block the effects of some ultimates, an example being Bloodseeker's Rupture.
- Guardian Angel can turn the tide of many battles! Don't be too shy when deciding when to use it.
- Attacking an enemy who is running from you can give them time to escape Degen Aura. To keep them slowed, run with them instead. Try to get ahead of them if possible. Then you can hit them or heal while blocking their path.
- Omniknight's ultimate is very effective against any ability that deals physical damage; for example, it can be used to negate Juggernaut's ultimate.
- If you have to initiate, use Repel on the carry first, then activate your Guardian Angel. This will give your team the upper hand in a teamfight.
 Update history
May 17, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Ethereal and Guardian Angel blocking Ice Blast's shatter.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Added healing overhead messages to Dazzle and Omni.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel canceling Ursa's Overpower.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel causing Spirit Breaker to be unable to cancel his Charge of Darkness.
- [Undocumented] Omniknight has a new run animation.
- [Undocumented] Omniknight now holds and swings his hammer with both hands.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Repel taking Shadowblade invis buff off
- Fixed Repel causing Burrowstrike to fail if used during the movement period
- Fixed Holy Persuation working on magic immune allies.
- Fixed Repel revealing Broodmother while under Spin Web.
December 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Repel/Purge stopping Battery Assault.
- Fixed Repel/Purge removing Ghost Ship allied buff.
- Fixed Repel/Purge removing various consumable buffs.
November 17, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Elder Dragon Form attack properties getting lost when he is purged/repelled.
- Fixed the following ability interactions with Repel/Purge: Inner Vitality, Weave, Moonlight Shadow, Overload, Holy Persuasion, Warcry, Shadow Word, Focus Fire, Sukuchi, Berserker's Call, Chilling Touch.
- Fixed Repel stopping Sandstorm.
- Fixed Omniknight and Dragon Knight legacy keys.
November 10, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Purge/Repel not removing Hex.
- Fixed being unable to cast Purification on mechanical units
- Enabled Omniknight and Dragon Knight in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Satyr Trickster's Purge not canceling Repel.
November 04, 2011 Patch
November 03, 2011 Patch
May 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed a number of abilities having incorrect interaction with Sphere: Slithereen Crush, Jinada, Wind Walk, Echo Slam, Moon Glaive, Death Pulse, Purification, Scream of Pain, Fatal Bonds.
 Balance changelog
- Purification cast range rescaled from 400/500/600/700 to 700
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 305.
- Purification cooldown decreased from 12 to 10.
- Purification cast range increased from 400 to 400/500/600/700.
- Degen Aura now also reduces attack speed (same values as the movement speed reduction).
 See also