Razor the Lightning Revenant is a ranged position-based agility tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being one of the Anti-carry heroes, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and purging them of buffs should they dare cast a spell on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Please refer to the style guide.
- Yasha is usually the best item to get after the core as it works well with Unstable Current and further increases the movement speed of Razor plus it grants you the opportunity to upgrade it into either the Manta Style or the Sange and Yasha based on different situations.
- Plasma Field can be manipulated by moving Razor around, since it centers around him. This can help you position yourself so that Plasma Field can hit right at its maximum range.
- Razor has very few escape mechanisms, but can be deceptively durable with Unstable Current if they do try to focus him.
- Use Static Link defensively in larger team fights to ensure you can gain the maximum drain amount without putting yourself in a bad position.
- Eye of the Storm damages the lowest health enemy close to him, making this ability very weak near creep waves. Try to save the ultimate for isolated team fights.
- In team fights, it is your job to go for the enemy carry and steal his farmed up power for yourself. Once a link has been established and the fight has begun, you may now choose whether to use the stolen damage to smite the supports, or kill the carry yourself.
- Static Link will not be purged if Razor's target becomes magic immune during the drain.
- Shadow Blade is an excellent item on Razor because the invisibility will nullify his static link and ult animations.
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
 Update history
- Fixed Static Link break range being 25 too short.
- Removed ambient effects on Razor and Morphling when hexed.
- Fixed some bugs with Unstable Current killing a target after its ability starts (like Omnislashing while dead).
- Fixed Plasma Field not giving aoe vision following Razor.
- Added a buff/debuff effect for Razor's Static Link.
- Fixed Static Charge damaging friendly units and towers. Note that towers can still proc the ability.
- Fixed Static Link damage from being purgable.
- Added rival taunts and misc. lines to Razor, Zeus, Tiny and Tidehunter to fill out basic voice set.
- Fixed Static Link not showing bonus damage on the modifier
- Fixed Static Link interaction rules.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm not hitting invisibile units.
- Fixed Razor's Static Link working on Juggernaut while he is omnislashing.
- Static Link's projectile now grants 800/800 flying vision which persists for 3.34 seconds.
- Clamped the damage values of Plasma Field to ensure it wasn't resulting in too much damage.
- Static Link is no longer purgable.
- Eye of the Storm no longer affects ancients.
- The armor reduction from Eye of the Storm is removed immediately if Razor dies.
- The armor reduction from Eye of the Storm is no longer purgable.
- Fixed a bug where a stray health bar and "no-selection-boxes" icon were drawing whenever Plasma Field was used.
- Fixed Razor's Plasma Field not giving vision.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm hitting fogged/invisible units.
- Razor's Eye of the Storm is now a two stage process. First it targets units then it targets towers, barracks, and the ancient.
- Fixed the radius and shape of Plasma Field.
- Added impact effect to Plasma Field.
- Fixed Eye of the Storm debuff lasting only 5 seconds from the last impact, instead of the full duration of the storm.
- Fixed Razor having 600 instead of 475 attack range.
 Balance changelog
- Eye of the Storm strike interval decreased from 0.85/0.75/0.6 to 0.75/0.65/0.55 (Scepter 0.65/0.55/0.45).
- Plasma Field
- Min damage from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180.
- Max damage from 140/210/280/350 to 160/230/300/370.
- Static Link
- No longer breaks if Razor loses vision of the target.
- Can no longer ground target.
- Can now target magic immune (it could before via ground seeking).
- Unstable Current purge duration increased from 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2 to 0.4/0.8/1.2/1.6.
- Unstable Current damage increased from 40/60/80/100 to 40/70/100/130.
- Static Link
- Duration, after it finishes draining, increased from 13 to 18.
- Cooldown rescaled from 35/30/25/20 to 25.
- Eye of the Storm
- Can now target Ancients (not roshan).
- No longer ignores magic immune units.
- Static Link
- Drains damage over 8 seconds instead of 10.
- Damage per second rescaled from 5/10/15/20 to 7/14/21/28
- Plasma Field cooldown from 16 to 14
- Static Link cooldown decreased from 45/40/35/30 to 35/30/25/20
- Added Aghanim's Scepter to Razor
- Increases striking speed from 0.85/0.75/0.60 to 0.7/0.6/0.5 and can target structures. Does not reduce structure's armor.
- Agi growth decreased from 2.5 to 2.0
- Strength grown decreased from 1.9 to 1.7
- Eye of the Storm mana cost increased from 100 to 100/150/200
- Base strength increased from 17 to 21
- Lowered Intelligence gain from 2.2 to 1.8
 Pre-6.60 rework Abilities
 See also