Lesale Deathbringer the Venomancer is a ranged agility hero who is focused on dealing damage over time and slowing enemies down. He is not granted with a big amount of base attack and attribute gain, but he can bring enormous area damage with his poisonous abilities. Venomancer can unleash a Venomous Gale to enemies in a straight line, infecting them, damaging and slowing them over time. His attacks are hazardous thanks to his lethal Poison Sting, which adds a toxic effect to his normal attacks, poisoning opposing Heroes for a duration. Plague Ward, his next ability, lets him summon a sentient ward to a targeted point, which attacks enemies or structures. While weak on first use, its power grows in numbers, which means, the more the wards are placed, the deadlier they become. This gives him good versatility, providing vision, pushing power, and a helpful block, preventing enemies from running away when trapped in a sticky situation. Venomancer's most dangerous ability is Poison Nova, though it isn't lethal and won't kill an enemy, the damage it inflicts is tremendous, the duration is very long, and it affects an area around him. It is mostly used to initiate battles, since Poison Nova isn't a killing type spell. When used altogether, the Venomancer is a powerful killing machine, like a virus, slowly killing enemies with venom and poisons. Despite being considered by most players as a support, because of his slowing capabilities, extra ward vision, and being item independent, this doesn't hinder his power to gank and kill enemies, especially in the earliest parts of the game, and with enough kills, farm, and domination, Venomancer can transition into a semi-carry, with formidable venomous power and deadly specialties.
 Recommended items
- Venomous Gale is one of the best level 1 skills in the game. Try to use it to get the first blood with a good partner.
- Plague Wards deal weak damage in sparse numbers, but their power becomes significant when massed.
- There is a temptation upon being killed to use Poison Nova out of spite. Resist this urge; as it is intended for initiation purposes and its cooldown, even if you have a Scepter, is not negligible.
- Disabling or positioning items like Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Orchid Malevolence, Force Staff, Blink Dagger or Shadow Blade are very wise to build on Venomancer, as his frailty and lack of easily-used escape mechanisms are his Achilles' heel.
- Use Plague Wards constantly in order to provide vision of your neighboring area, especially when across the river and inside enemy territory.
- Early game, if you use Plague Wards during your laning phase, try to deny them or they will provide a gold bounty for enemy heroes.
- Keep Venomous Gale off cooldown during pushes, as its cooldown is quite long and you may need it at any time.
- When chasing an enemy, constantly put Plague Wards ahead of them to maintain sight.
- Note that the Valve recommended items are not for playing a support style Venomancer. To play support, starting items should include Observer Wards or Courier (or both), early game should be Observer Wards and Sentry Wards, and core should be Gem of Truesight, Boots of Speed, and Mekansm. Everything else listed would be luxury.
- Venomancer's name, Lesale, may be a reference to "Le Sale", which is French for "The Dirty" or "The Nasty".
- In DotA, Venomancer's hero model was a hydralisk. Hydralisks are type of infantry unit in the RTS game Starcraft, which was also made by Blizzard. Hydralisks are a very common and well-known image in the game.
 Update history
- [Undocumented] Added animations for Beastmaster, Undying, and Venomancer relating to their loadout stance.
- Fixed Poison Sting duration not increasing per level.
- Updated vision values on these abilities: Unstable Concoction, Phantasm, Waveform, Storm Hammer, Mirror Image, Spirit Lance, Requiem of Souls, Spectral Dagger, Venomous Gale, Earthbind, Dream Coil, Shackleshot, Wall of Replica, Flamebreak, Deafening Blast, Ghost Ship.
- [Undocumented] Broken down a number of existing hero models into multiple parts Death Prophet, Enchantress, Huskar, Silencer, Sniper, Storm Spirit, Venomancer and Weaver.
- Fixed Aghanim's Scepter not upgrading Poison Nova duration.
- Fixed being able to dispell Venomous Gale, Poison Sting and Poison Nova.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Venomancer.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Venomancer.
- Fixed Plague Ward collision size.
- Fixed how Venomancer's Poison Sting refreshes on attack.
- Fixed Venomancer's Poison Sting from doing extra damage each attack on buff refresh.
- Veno wards and Shadow shaman wards all use the smaller hull size. This should prevent them from blocking narrow paths.
- Fixed Shadow Shaman's wards and Venomancer's Wards not being able to attack Roshan.
- Fixed a bug where Veno's venomous gale wasn't visible.
- Venomous gale travels at 1200 speed and provides 800 vision.
- Poison sting does it's damage at the begining of the interval instead of the end.
- Adding a fake modifier for poison sting to be used by illusions.
- Poison Nova no longer hits units in the fog
- The Nova starts with a radius of 255 and expands out over 1.15s to a radius of 830. Before it started at a radius of 0.
- Nova Does an extra tick of damage when the effect is applied to enemies
- Fixed Venomous Gale hitting invisible units.
- Fixed Poison Nova hitting invisible units.
- Fixed Poison Sting vs mechanical units.
- Fixed Poison Sting from illusions.
 Balance changelog
- Poison Sting duration increased from 6/7/8/9 to 6/8/10/12.
- Venomous Gale
- Manacost rescaled from 90/105/120/135 to 125.
- Initial damage rescaled from 50/70/70/100 to 25/50/75/100.
- Damage per tick increased from 10/20/40/50 to 15/30/45/60.
- Poison Sting duration rescaled from 7 to 6/7/8/9.
- Plague Ward vision decreased from 1400 to 1200.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Plague Ward bounty increased from 3-9 to 14-17.
- Poison Sting slow from 10% to 11%/12%/13%/14%.
- Reworked Shadow Strike
- Venomous Gale
- Releases a Venomous Gale which poisons enemy units it comes in contact with. Units that are hit by it get a slow/dps like his previous shadow strike
- AoE: 125
- Cast Range/Distance: 800
- Cooldown: 22
- Manacost 90/105/120/135
 Replaced Abilities
 See also